I was nominated by Xanadu at Xanadu Dolls to participate in this tag and I thought that it looked kind of fun. Here are my answers with a lot of very old photos!
1. Do you collect anything other than dolls? Yes, dollhouses of course!!! I actually love collecting all kinds of miniature things. They just make me incredibly happy. You can see that the walls of my office are covered in all sorts of miniatures.
4. Your favourite doll accessory? (The houses of course!) Although, I have discovered Etsy, and there are incredible artists out there who knit and sew the most amazing doll clothes. So after houses, I would have to say that clothes are my favourite accessory.5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection? As for my Ball Jointed Dolls - absolutely! I know each one by name and where they 'live'. I even 'know' a couple of dolls that I don't even have yet!
6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what? The flute!
(Oh, to be young and thin again!)I can also play about two tunes on the piano. I began learning the piano as an adult which is very hard and it is kind of embarrassing carrying around an "Adult Beginner" book. I know I have two hands and two eyes, but reading two different lines of music at the same time is quite impossible! When I can play Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" and Mozart's "Rondo Alla Turca" I will be over the moon. (Judging by the way I practice, it is never going to happen!)
7. Where is your most favourite place you've ever been? I have been to many great places around the world, but my ultimate spot is the southernmost tip of mainland Australia - Wilson's Promontory. I have so many great memories of camping there as a kid. It has wonderful hiking trails and gorgeous beaches. I loved making sculptures in the sand. I even tripped over a wombat one dark night!
The first and only oil painting I have ever painted (about 30 years ago) was of Tidal River at Wilson's Prom.
9. Favourite book or movie? Without hesitation it has to be the story that captured my imagination in childhood, The Magic Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton (as well as The Naughtiest Girl in the School by the same author).
My favourite movie is Moulin Rouge (Ewan McGregor is so cute and makes my heart melt when he sings) although the latest version of Les Miserables comes in at a close second!
10. If you could design your own doll, what would it look like? Hmmm, I would get Fairyland to design some slightly taller male Pukipuki dolls. (I actually hope they start producing the Pukipuki line again sometime soon!)
I'm going to leave this tag open for whoever wants to do it!
Well, as they say, That's All Folks!
(Isabelle will be back soon),