Monday, March 9, 2015

Package from Clarabelle

"Mail is here," yelled Kinsey from the door.
"What are you doing here when you are supposed to be on vacation?" I asked. "I thought you were going skiing."
"Yes, I am on my way," said Kinsey. "But I had to come by the office to drop off some keys. It looks like you have a package."
"How exciting!" I exclaimed. "All we usually get is bills."
It was from my sister, Clarabelle!
"Well, I will be on my way and I'll let you enjoy your mail. See you next week, Isabelle."
"Have fun Kinsey, and don't break a leg!" I jokingly called as she disappeared through the door.
I sat down and began reading.
"My dearest sis, Issy,
How wonderful it is to hear that you are well settled and have a job as a property manager. Congratulations! I always knew that you would do well. . . ."

It was a rather lengthy letter letting me know how she is, and what she has been up to.
"I am currently enrolled in culinary school and I am loving it. . . ." 
Wow, my sister is becoming a cook! She has one year left of her apprenticeship and is hoping to come out and see me when she is done.
". . . Inside the box you should find a wallhanging that I had custom made by the famous blacksmith, Eleboril. Hopefully it will make you smile. Loving hugs and kisses, Clara."
I could hardly wait to open the big box.
When I opened it, I saw the most incredible wall sculpture and tears sprang to my eyes.  
As young elflings, I would always draw a house very similar to this. I said that one day it would be my castle that I would live in forever. I cannot believe that Clarabelle remembered and had it reproduced! This is so special to me.
I will definitely hang this on the office wall. I really miss my sister.
Cheerio,
Isabelle

11 comments:

  1. Hopefully she comes to visit soon, so we can all meet her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how thoughtful of your sister! I hope she can come visit you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabelle! Sisters are priceless and I should know as I have several of them as well as 2 sisters-in-law. I hope to get the opportunity to meet Your sister soon. I know that Mr. Crumble might enjoy that too.... Comparing recipes, I mean. :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Isabelle,
    What a lovely gift! It will be perfect on the wall. There is nothing like support from a brother or sister.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! What a lovely present! I hope both of the sisters will do great in their jobs! <3

    ~ Uraru

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift - how thoughtful and kind of your sister, dear Isabelle. I really hope she will visit you soon so we can get to know her.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful surprise! You have such kind sister Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! How sweet! I know you will hang it in a spot where your sister can see it when she comes. What a sentimental gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Isabelle!
    What a wonderful surprise that must have been . . . almost like having another Christmas!! And what a delightful present, perfectly appropriate for a property manager I would say, it will look lovely hanging on your wall. I will look forward to meeting Clarabelle when she comes to visit . . . maybe she will stay and work with Mr.Crumble. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful wall sculpture. Your sister is so sweet to have remembered. I can't wait to see where you hang it! Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a precious house warming gift to hang in your little house. So thoughtful of your sister.
    Mini smiles, Conny

    ReplyDelete